Friday, June 29, 2012

It just got real...

In 36 hours I am starting my Get Healthy and Fit Lifestyle.  Am I nervous?  I would be lying if I said no.  However, I'm not nervous that I can't do it.  I'm more nervous that I will give up on myself.  Wow did I really just type and publish that.  Fear is a "booga bear" as my Bishop would call it.  But how can a woman who moved 2000+ miles with $800, a crazy dream, 2 part time jobs that fell through and no job prospects be afraid of getting healthy and fit.  That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard and I'm still trying to convince myself. 

So, today I needed I finally made time for my TB testing. Surprise, surprise I had to get on the freaking scale!!!!  Now generally I don't mind getting on the scale, it has to be done.  But, I never look at the number because the number on the scale doesn't define me.  Today, I looked...  In addition to the number being higher than I want, my blood pressure was elevated 129/86.  This is definitely not normal for me.  But, this is even more proof that increased weight is increased blood pressure for me.  With that statistics it's even more evident I have to make lifestyle changes.  The next thing is taking the "dreaded" before pictures. 

I've been researching extensively on the internet exercises and foods that speed up the metabolism and "increase" weight loss.  For several years, I've been watching what I eat--consisting of lots of vegetables, chicken, seafood, and turkey with the occasional Rib Eye.  In my research though, I've found "setting and forgetting it" doesn't work well with vegetables.  What that means is when you cook your vegetables there should be a crunch still left too them not soft.  Think about how your future abs will feel, like steel!!!  Well not steel but firm.  To assist in seasoning veggies, I LOVE my oil sprayer.  It helps control how much oil you use.  And my other favorite ingredient is celery salt.  It is ground celery seeds and salt.  So, in addition of giving some of the flavor of salt it has a hint of something else.

Now to the good stuff, because I've moved I'm one broke chick.  So, I've researched a ton of exercises I can do from home without any assistance of any exercise equipment. Theses exercises are body weight exercises; which uses the body's own weight for resistance.  Many of the exercises I will start out doing will focus on my core.  When asked, what is my weakest muscle group I thought it was my arms.  That is because I'm ignorant to muscle groups and anything that has to do with the body.  I was told by my unofficial office personal trainer who is a 20 year military veteran.  Can I deviate for a minute?  He has lost his mind if he thinks I can do half the exercises he shows me.  With that being said I saw a Facebook post that said "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't you!"  This new lifestyle is all about changing me from the inside out .  The nervousness from the beginning of this post has morphed into an anxious excitement challenge that I can't wait to conquer. 

If you want to know any of the meals or work outs I'll be doing let me know.  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yea could you post some of the workouts and meals... I would love to see what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your reviews of various workouts / meals that you've posted to pinterest / fb on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly are inspiring! I'm only 19 and still in school, but I have my occasional moments where I wish but nothing but to start fresh. Moving and on a budget was a very brave decision, and I commend you for it!

    - Alyssa

    ReplyDelete