Monday, September 3, 2012

60 days of Silence!

There's so much to say!  I tried to make mini notes about what I would write about on this post.  However, I've decided to break it down into several different post.  This first post is going to be my reflections over the last 60 days.  People have been asking if I've updated, when am I going to update.  Here you go!

My first 30 days, I decided not to write or even talk about what changes I've made.  They say that 30 days of doing the same thing becomes a habit.  So, in order to make these changes stick I took 60 days!  I feel its easy to get caught up in the praise and accolades of your "success".  I've seen many people start a blog/goal with certain expectations and the minute they start to get some recognition it quickly changes to all about that person.  The intention of my blog is to share about my fitness and nutrition lifestyle, in hopes that it will keep me motivated and help others. 

As I've said before my blog is about a healthier lifestyle.  Its not about the numbers on the scale-as a matter of fact, I don't even own a scale.  The new lifestyle is about keeping up with my nieces and nephews and being healthy!  This new lifestyle is also about not getting too winded when trying to put on a dress that is a "smidge" too small. :-)  But... am I hoping the numbers go down on the scale?  Yes!  I'm not comfortable with the numbers I see on the scale.  They shocked the crap out of me. 

Its hard to believe but some days I could go all day without eating.  I was very ignorant to the fact that starving your body isn't going to help me lose weight.  We've all heard the comment 'it wouldnt hurt them to skip a few meals'.  Umm actually yes it does.  I thought it was perfectly normal to only eat one meal a day.  Little did I know!  Even with that, who would have thought that 2 or 3 spoonfuls of pasta was bad???  I'm from the clean you plate culture.  However, through my research I've learned it's ok not to eat that full plate of pasta from Cheesecake Factory.

So, what did I learn in my first 60 days?  Boat loads!!  Check out my next post when I discuss my nutrition "plan".   You know a plan is just a guideline, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment