Saturday, February 25, 2017

She's such a #Tulle

I have a semi small obsession with Tulle Skirts!!!  This blog is all about the different ways I style my 3 tulle skirts.  The skirts are all Windsor brand size M.  Windsor unfortunately no longer sells Tulle skirts.  What a pity!  Most people call them tutus but tutus are for little girls.  Tulle skirts are for the woman who likes a little sweet tea with her whiskey.  This post is really to show the versatility of the tulle skirt.

The pictures posted are random snaps of me. Also, most of the items are older pieces from my closet.  In the future, I'll make sure to link the item or similar and will showcase the entire ensemble.

Hope you enjoy this attempt to showcase my style.


This might be one of my favorite looks. One of my best friends was having a gender reveal party and I wanted to celebrate either outcome.  So I'm wearing pink and blue.  The denim/blue heart button down is from Forever 21.  This was my first time tying a shirt up like this.  It's amazing how playing with different styles/techniques can really transform a piece.  I'm wearing a fuchsia tank from Family Dollar.  Did I mention I'm super frugal when it comes to shopping?  If I buy cheap, I can buy more!!!  The skirt is from Windsor, the color was listed as "natural".  It's more like a mauve/pinkish.  It's gorgeous!  It's one of my favorite colors because I feel it's a great neutral for me.  The shoes are from DSW and the brand is Qupid.  They are gold modern/grown woman jellies!!!  They are fabulous!!!  I'll showcase those later.  I have them in gold and silver!  Yeah!



The black skirt was a #Poshamrk find.  This picture on the left is an office friendly/Lisha version of Holly GoLightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's.  It's funny because my COO said to me, 'Don't take this the wrong way but is this a Halloween costume or is this Lisha on Monday?'  Silly David, I'm wearing a tiara clearly it's a costume.  It was a great day because no one commented on the ensemble because I imagine they weren't sure if it was a costume or not either.
Below is a much more tame look using the tulle skirt.  This look shows how a tulle skirt can be office friendly. It's still very professional but shows that the person wearing has a whimsy side.  I work in non-profit.  I like to show my personality.  Often in our line of work we have to think  and work of the box.





The fuchsia skirt is my absolute favorite!!  Yes, I know I said the natural was my favorite but this is my super favorite.  Fuchsia is my favorite color!

The top right picture is from a casual Saturday.  This my Carrie Bradshaw 1950s housewife look.  I'm rocking my Kate Spade sunnies.  #Obsessed!

The bottom right picture was my first casual Friday at work.  I actually switched out the shoes and went on a date later in this outfit.  My job thought it was rather fancy for a Friday...  That's how the larger picture evolved. The larger pictures is Lisha personified!  I'm a style mullet--party on the bottom, business up top!  The boots those are a fab Forever 21 find!

So tell me what you think?  Am I a #tulle?  What do you think tulle skirt look?  Tell me which was your favorite look.  Do you have any tulle skirts?

No comments:

Post a Comment