Wednesday, January 25, 2017

H-Town said it best

Emotions make you cry sometimes...

I blog/post about my challenges because it helped people.  Initially I was posting only milestones but questions started coming from people.  I started this somewhere in 2013 when I fully committed to living a healthier lifestyle.

When losing weight and getting over plateaus in weight loss challenged me I wrote about how frustrating that can be.  I received great feedback from people about how to get over the hump. Then when I started exploring and decided to pursue weight loss surgery I wanted to tell people about that process from contemplation, pre-op, post-op, recovery, and maintaining.

Then just 8 short months after weight loss surgery cancer showed up.  I put everything that had to do with weight loss surgery on the back burner because cancer is scary mmmkay.  Thyroid Cancer is supposed the the "good" one to get if you get cancer.  WTF???  Many people are suffering from thyroid issues so now more people are asking questions about how did I find out and such.   You can find that reading my blog 'The Missed Diagnosis because of Fat'.

I found strength in telling people my story.  However, with 2 recurrences/being diagnosed with cancer 3 times in 2 years, I'm always anxious because I'm afraid at any point and time I could come back.  That's terrifying.  How the eff do I cope?  WTF are these overwhelming emotions I'm experiencing?  Why am I always on the verge of tears all the time?  If I'm at home I can cry and it's no problem or I can cook.  However, what do I do when I'm at work or out in social situations?

The website I had cancer has been a great resource to show me all these emotions are normal.  On the more personal side, part of my new treatment plan is weekly therapy appointments.  While this website is geared toward different cancer patients it's a reminder to any who has gone through anything that your emotions are yours and you're entitled to feel how you feel.

While some people might be tired of my posting, I get more feedback from people who can relate than anything negative.  I was surprised when I got inboxed from people telling me they were dealing with cancer themselves or dealing with major medical issues and my post make their emotions valid.

Life is about balance.  When you find your life feeling overwhelmed check "life scales" and work to find balance.  Don't be afraid to make time for yourself in order to find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment